Utility tools: MADI has introduced the FlatRound Wire Brush, an innovative wire brush for transmission, substation and distribution. The FlatRound™ Wire Brush encourages linemen to brush because it is uniquely designed to make wire brushing easier and more convenient than ever. The FlatRoundTM has two designed brushing surfaces, one side for flat connections and the other for round connections.
The flat wire brush can be used on any flat surface, such as flat pads on the pad-mounted transformer, hylugs and all cable to flat connectors. In transmission applications, the flat side can also be used on all dead-end single-tongue and jumper-terminal connectors, and, in substation applications, it can be used on all terminal connections up to 1000 MCM.
The round wire brush covers conductors up to 1590 MCM. This covers most conductors and both wire brushes are easily replaceable.
The FlatRound™ Wire Brush is durable, lightweight (weighs less than ½ pound) and is made of non-conductive material. The design of this tool eliminates lineman hand and leg discomfort currently experienced with other wire brushes. The built-in snap ring makes it easy to store on belts or in bucket trucks.
Properly brushing all types of connections helps decrease outages and bad connections therefore generating significant savings for Utilities.
• Catalog #: FRWB-1 (FlatRoundTM Wire Brush)
• Catalog #: LWB-1 (Large Wire Brush Replacement)
MADI is a manufacturer and marketer of innovative utility tools for the lineman.
Catalog and Web Summary
• 2 different brushes in 1 tool - Flat and Round (up to 1590 MCM)
• Durable and made of non-conductive material
• Lightweight – weighs less than ½ pound
• Wire brushes are easily replaceable
• Integrated brush design eliminates lineman hand and leg discomfort currently experienced with other wire brushes
• Convenient to carry on climbing belts or in bucket trucks