Work lights: Truck-Lite Co., LLC, a provider of heavy-duty lighting and visibility systems, announced the implementation of an online series of technical courses as part of its new Truck-Lite Training Institute (TTI) program. First of its kind, this program offers web-based lessons that educate distributors, technicians and fleet personnel who sell, use, and maintain equipment with Truck-Lite products. By taking advantage of TTI, the user can obtain the most up-to-date knowledge of ongoing advancements in the technological world of heavy-duty lighting and visibility systems.
TTI consists of training modules focused on product knowledge, technical expertise, diagnostics, and systems solutions. When a user takes advantage of the comprehensive courses offered, they will gain in-depth knowledge of Truck-Lite products and their functionality. The "Lighting and Harness" module is the first of many TTI series to launch. This series includes the following courses.
1. Basics in Electricity: Covers definitions, major concepts, wire calculations and voltage drops.
2. Lighting Evolution: Offers a walk through time; teaches the origin of Truck-Lite, the evolution of bulb-replaceable, sealed, LED lighting, and return on investment.
3. Lighting Fundamentals: Describes why lights fail, troubleshooting failures, tips to prolong lighting life, and product pitfalls.
4. LED Lighting Performance: Explains popular lighting terms and definitions and the best method for measurement of LED lighting.
5. Harness Fundamentals: Articulates harness basics and color codes, explores methods for diagnosing failures and shows proven repair methods.
6. Regulations and Questions: Outlines Federal lighting requirements, SAE ID codes, and common legal questions.
Each module concludes with a short test, ranging from 10 to 30 minutes in length. Once a user has successfully completed all the courses, they will be awarded with a certificate of completion and a promotional incentive.
Trainees can easily access TTI courses by visiting www.truck-lite.com/tti via desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. No software to install and nothing to download; all that's needed is access to the Internet.