Test and measurement equipment: AEMC's Ground Resistance Tester Models 6416 and 6417 measure ground rod and grid resistance and impedance without the use of auxiliary rods. Clamp-on ground resistance testers can be used in multi-grounded systems without disconnecting or de-energizing the ground system under test it. The Models 6416 and 6417 simply clamps around the grounding electrode or conductor and measures the resistance to ground. By performing measurements on intact ground systems, the user also verifies the quality of the grounding connections and bonds. Resistance and continuity of grounding loops around pads and buildings may also be measured.
Three new features unique to AEMC® are:
• Test frequency selection provides more accurate results in inductive environments
• Touch voltage indication indicates the voltage on the display along with a warning buzzer when the voltage derived from current and resistance measurements detect a potentially dangerous touch condition
• Loop resistance indication alerts the user to the fact that the measurement may not be ground resistance
Both models include a high sensitivity measurement function enabling measurement of leakage current flowing to ground or circulating in ground loops from 0.2mA to 40A and resistances from 0.01 to 1500Ω. Both models offer battery life information at power-up and Auto Power Off power management. The Buzzer and Auto Power Off features may be disabled at any time.
Both offer an alarm function and a data storage function. The alarm settings and stored data are saved when the ground tester is turned off.
PC based DataView® software included provides the ability to configure and retrieve data from the model 6417 through Bluetooth® communication as well as the ability to generate reports.
An Android™ based app is also available for the Model 6417 allowing for configuring, downloading, printing and emailing test results from your tablet or smartphone. The GPS capability in your device provides the ability to easily locate the site associated with the measurements.
• Touch voltage is displayed to alert user to potential unsafe conditions
• Large multi-function, bright yellow organic display (OLED) is visible in all lighting conditions
• Selectable test frequency improves accuracy in inductive environments
• Differentiates between loop and ground resistance measurements
• Data storage (Ω, A,V and µH with time-stamping)
Model 6416: stores up to 300 measurements
Model 6417: stores up to 2000 measurements
• Displays stored measurements on the OLED display or by Bluetooth® to a PC or the Android™ based mobile application (Model 6417)
• Easy clamp opening via a force compensation trigger system with 35mm clamp diameter