Utility testing: It's summer, active hurricane and tornado season in the USA. HD Electric is preparing for storm season, building inventory levels to fulfill customer needs this summer. In particular, V-Watch Personal Voltage Detectors are available to keep workers safe, especially during storm restoration work.
V-Watch Personal Voltage Detectors are worn on the outside of clothing at mid-torso and provides an extra level of safety by detecting and alerting workers to the presence of electrical fields or energized electrical equipment. In emergencies, crews can move in safely to quickly restore power to customers.
• Alerts user to proximity of high voltage;
• Audible and visual alarms increase in frequency the closer the user gets to energized equipment;
• Typical warning distance is about 7 ft. from a 4 kV ac conductor;
• Provides another level of safety for storm restoration workers and first responders;
• Tough nylon carrying case lanyard holds the V-Watch—it stores the V-Watch when not in use and can be worn around the neck during use; and
• Made in the USA.