Duke Energy is realigning its organizational structure and the roles of several senior leaders to support the company's long-term strategy, Duke Energy president and CEO Lynn Good announced today.
The following changes become effective on Aug. 1.
· Executive vice president (EVP) Lloyd Yates will become EVP, Market Solutions and president, Carolinas Region, including electric distribution. The state presidents for North Carolina and South Carolina (Paul Newton and Clark Gillespy) will continue to report to Yates. He will continue to lead the enterprise strategy for distributed energy resources and will add responsibility for enterprise customer solutions and delivery.
· EVP Keith Trent will become EVP, Grid Solutions and president, Midwest and Florida Regions, including electric and natural gas distribution. The state presidents for Indiana, Ohio-Kentucky and Florida (Doug Esamann, Jim Henning and Alex Glenn), will report to Trent. Transmission for the overall company will continue to be in Trent's group, along with added responsibility for enterprise strategy for grid solutions. Lee Mazzocchi will become senior vice president, grid solutions, leading an integrated focus on grid investment, innovation and standardization.
· EVP and Duke Energy Nuclear president Dhiaa Jamil will become EVP and president, regulated generation, which will include all power generation in the regulated utilities; coal ash management; environmental, health and safety; and fuels and system optimization.
· EVP Jennifer Weber will become EVP, external affairs and strategic policy. This newly integrated group will include federal affairs, public affairs, environmental and energy policy, corporate communications, The Duke Energy Foundation and sustainability.
· Chief information officer A.R. Mullinax will become EVP, strategic services, and a newly integrated group to include information technology, supply chain, administrative services and performance excellence.
· Executive vice presidents remaining in their current roles are Steve Young, EVP and chief financial officer; Julie Janson, EVP, chief legal officer and corporate secretary; and Marc Manly, EVP and president, commercial portfolio.