The work will involve the replacement of about 70 poles, as well as the installation of new wire, cross-arms, switching equipment and other assorted upgrades. Improvements will be made along the following streets:
· Market Street (between 10th Street and Pocomoke Beltway/Old Virginia Road)
· Payne Avenue (between Market Street and Route 13)
· Pocomoke Beltway (between Cedar Street and Route 13)
· Walnut Street (between Second and 10th streets)
· 10th Street (between Market and Walnut streets)
The work is not expected to cause any serious traffic delays.
Work is expected to be completed sometime in August, at which time Delmarva Power crews will convert customers to the new power lines, necessitating planned service interruptions of several hours. Prior to the conversion, customers who will be affected by an outage will be notified. Any business-related outages will take place during non-business hours.
Over the last five years, Delmarva Power has invested about $1 billion to strengthen the electric system throughout our service territory and the utility plans to equal that investment pace over the next five years.