With this expansion, Ergon Energy will gain insight into its commercial customers' energy use that will allow the utility to deliver highly targeted, value-added products and services, such as tailored energy efficiency recommendations unique to a customer's industry, size, and load profile, resulting in increased customer engagement and overall satisfaction.
"Unlike the residential market, the commercial segment includes over 2,000 different business types, which makes it difficult for utilities to deliver products and services," said Tim Healy, Chairman and CEO of EnerNOC. "With energy intelligence software, utilities like Ergon Energy can better understand their commercial customers and engage them through personalized, actionable recommendations."
"Customer interest has been strong and we look forward to expanding the software deployment across our entire commercial customer portfolio," said Brett Milne, Group Manager, Retail Customer Experience and Marketing at Ergon Energy. "From multi-site commercial real estate to individual quick-serve restaurants, we've seen value from customers engaging more deeply with their energy usage information."
EnerNOC's energy intelligence software for utilities and energy retailers is a SaaS solution that provides utilities with customer engagement, energy efficiency, and demand response applications that deliver shared value to both the utility and its customers. EnerNOC's energy intelligence software allows utilities to:
· Understand and efficiently target their most valuable market segment, commercial and industrial (C&I) customers, with targeted program design, smarter program marketing, and better channel management;
· Engage customers through customized, timely, and valuable content;
· Increase customer adoption of new and existing energy efficiency programs and other value-added products and services;
· Capture the full value of demand-side flexibility through tailored demand response products; and
· Improve customer satisfaction and brand loyalty.