At DistribuTECH Conference & Exhibition, Silver Spring Networks announced the new UtilityIQ Demand Optimizer solution, a demand response management system that helps utilities manage peak load, implement real-time demand response initiatives and optimize load.
The new UtilityIQ Demand Optimizer solution expands Silver Spring's demand side management portfolio, which leverages the power of the Silver Spring IPv6 networking platform that connects more than 13 million homes and businesses worldwide.
The Silver Spring UtilityIQ Demand Optimizer solution delivers integrated demand response management capabilities including:
· Optimizes load management across disparate DR programs and systems, such as load control, time of use and price response, among others.
· A real-time optimization and forecast analytics engine that leverages existing meter data to provide granular, accurate load shed forecasts.
· Advanced measurement and verification for reporting of results in real time.
· Dispatch of load control events to devices via the Silver Spring Smart Energy Platform or other head-end system.
· Simplified program management via a rules-based engine to administrate business rules and constraints and track and enforce events.
· CRM functions to ensure customer eligibility, track customer participation and manage multiple participations.
· A customer notification system that alerts consumers of upcoming events through multiple communications channels.
Oklahoma Gas & Electric's (OG&E) SmartHours DR initiative leverages Silver Spring's Demand Side Management solutions to encourage customers to modify their energy use to off-peak hours. OG&E will be deploying Silver Spring's new UtilityIQ Demand Optimizer solution as it expands the SmartHours program and further empowers its customers to shift energy consumption, save money and reduce peak demand.
Silver Spring Networks is a networking platform and solutions provider for smart energy networks. With its IPv6 networking platform, Silver Spring has connected more than 13 million homes and businesses throughout the world with the goal of achieving greater energy efficiency for the planet. Silver Spring Networks is used by major utilities around the globe including Baltimore Gas & Electric, CitiPower & Powercor, Commonwealth Edison, CPFL Energia, Florida Power & Light, Jemena Electricity Networks Limited, Oklahoma Gas & Electric, Pacific Gas & Electric and Pepco Holdings, Inc. among others.