Energy management: Itron Inc., a technology and services company dedicated to the resourceful use of energy and water, announced the commercial availability of a new release of Itron Total Outcomes to solve utilities’ and cities’ business challenges by delivering real value-added analytic outcomes. The cloud-based offerings have been enhanced with new features and functionality that help utilities make the most of their smart grid and smart metering data. The platform, which now features a unified interface for electricity, gas and water, can be accessed anywhere by utility staff or managed by Itron’s team of experts. Utilities no longer have to worry about installing, operating, keeping up-to-date and trying to get value out of expensive on-premise hardware and software. The offering is also now pre-integrated with all of Itron’s OpenWay® solutions.
The new analytic outcomes, which can be quickly and easily activated, include Voltage Management, Transformer Load Management, Grid Reliability, Theft Investigation, Connectivity Mapping and Phase Identification & Analysis. These outcomes, along with the offering’s existing water, gas and smart grid analytics, turn data into faster, more informed and increasingly automated decisions. Itron’s team of experts will run and manage the offering, delivering real operational outcomes that have an impact on the bottom line.
· Voltage Management: Voltage Management provides quality of power delivery to the grid. This leads to proactive, condition-based decision-making related to endpoint voltage delivery, enabling lower cost of operations with better grid performance.
· Transformer Load Management: Transformer Load Management utilizes smart meter and weather data to monitor and analyze secondary transformer loading levels and accurately report on the assets’ health at a large scale. This delivers optimal asset management to ensure the longevity and reliability of grid investments.
· Grid Reliability: Grid Reliability analyzes all of the outage data generated from a smart grid network to monitor reliability indices and proactively improve overall reliability. This allows utilities to react faster to issues on the grid, improving safety and customer relations.
· Theft Investigation: Theft Investigation uses algorithms, data filters and pattern detection capabilities to identify meter tampering and service bypass conditions. This not only protects a utility’s revenue, but helps grow it.
· Connectivity Mapping: Connectivity Mapping provides accurate and timely tracking of meter locations in relation to the transformers that serve them, providing reliable data on where assets are in the field.
· Phase Identification & Analysis: Phase Identification & Analysis delivers fast, automated phase identification and provides up-to-date connectivity data for power distribution, system planning, outage restoration and other grid management operations.
“Utilities and cities today are faced with many challenges from aging infrastructure and growth of renewables to changing consumer expectations. With Itron Total Outcomes, utilities and cities can more quickly make the most of their smart grid, gas and water systems to address these challenges and ensure energy and water resources are being used efficiently,” said Bruce Douglas, senior vice president and general manager of software and services at Itron. “With Itron’s outcomes as a service, we are making it even easier for utilities to harness the power of analytics. Itron delivers real business value to drive down costs, increase revenue and improve safety and customer satisfaction while utilities and cities use their resources to grow and improve services to their stakeholders. It’s all a part of our commitment to creating a more resourceful world.”
Itron is a world-leading technology and services company dedicated to the resourceful use of energy and water. We provide comprehensive solutions that measure, manage and analyze energy and water. Our broad product portfolio includes electricity, gas, water and thermal energy measurement devices and control technology; communications systems; software; as well as managed and consulting services. With thousands of employees supporting nearly 8,000 customers in more than 100 countries, Itron applies knowledge and technology to better manage energy and water resources. Together, we can create a more resourceful world.