Axiomatic announces the release of a new multi-purpose Valve Controller with 4 universal signal inputs to 2 - 3A outputs, part number AX021800. This controller is part of a growing line of compact rugged controllers packaged for harsh operating environments.
The Dual Valve Controller is designed to control two proportional or on/off solenoid valves using PWM control from a variety of input sources. It accepts voltage, current, resistance, frequency, PWM, and discrete levels from four universal inputs. One unique feature is its ability to provide accurate power, up to 100 milliamp on each input. It also uses powerful 32 bit processing. The highly versatile AX021800 can also be used to support PID control and hydraulic fan control applications.
• 4 universal signal inputs
• 2 outputs to drive valves up to 3 A
• 4 +5V Reference Voltages (100 mA)
• 12V, 24V or 48V nominal
• Fully protected outputs
• 1 CAN (SAE J1939) port
• CANopen module available on request
• Rugged IP67 packaging and connectors
• Electronic Assistant™ together with an Axiomatic USB-CAN converter links the PC to the CAN bus for user configuration.
• Flexible user programming for application-specific control logic via the CAN based Electronic Assistant. The controller's internal functional blocks for inputs, outputs and signal conversion or hydraulic control can be mapped to a control structure that suits the application.
• Can be used without a load as a voltage or current signal to CAN converter
The Electronic Assistant (EA) runs on any modern PC with the Microsoft Windows® 2000 operating system or higher. It comes with a royalty-free license for use.
With connection to the bus, the EA finds all the devices on the bus, and recognizes the Axiomatic controls. The user can quickly configure an Axiomatic control for its desired performance over a wide variety of applications. An Axiomatic CAN Assistant – Scope and Visual is also offered to monitor CAN messages in a text format. The CAN tools are useful PC-based diagnostic and debugging tools for J1939 or CANopen networked devices.