Municipalities and utilities each year lose millions of gallons of water, and millions more in revenue, due to leaks and inaccurate, faulty equipment. Badger Meter is taking steps to see that those days become a thing of the past.
The new E-Series Meter from Badger Meter is an electronic, solid-state meter with no moving parts. Designing the E-Series Meter with no moving parts improves its accuracy and reliability by virtually eliminating the mechanical wear that can shorten its lifespan and produce erroneous results.
For most meters, lifespan is determined by the durability of its moving parts. However, the E-Series Meter is different in that an internal battery powers the meter for up to 20 years — an engineering feature that provides dependable service and peace of mind. With no moving parts the all-electronic meter will outlast conventional meters in most applications.
The E-Series Meter works by using ultrasonic transducers mounted within the meter housing. Based on the measurement of signals sent in rapid succession in both forward and reverse directions, and the temperature of the water, calculations are made to continually determine the flow rate and consumption.
Features and benefits of the E-Series Meter include:
• Simplified one-piece electronic meter and register are integral to meter body with virtually no maintenance
• Sealed for protection against tampering
• Completely submersible with proven packaging and potting
• Ideal for less than optimum water conditions
• Displays for consumption, rate of flow, flow direction and alarms
• Ideal for residential fire service applications
• Available in choice of stainless-steel housing and BiAlloy bronze
• Available in three sizes: 5/8" ¾" and 1", with maximum flow rates of 25, 35 and 55 gallons per minute
• Available in traditional lay lengths
For more information about Badger's E-Series Meter, call (800) 656-3837 or visit www.badgermeter.com