Low voltage power factor correction
Maysteel's SmartBank LV PFC provides energy efficiency and savings.
Menomonee Falls, Wis., June 30, 2010—Through strategic placement near motors, transformers, inductive heating and arc welding generators, Maysteel’s SmartBanks for low voltage power factor correction (LV PFC) provide both energy efficiency and savings by shaving Kva and Kvar peaks that drive up energy bills.
Part of the SmartBank series of power quality solutions, Maysteel’s LV PFC 3-phase capacitor banks deliver 2.5 Kvar to 60 Kvar at 240V, 60 Hz, and 2.5 Kvar to 120 Kvar at 480V, 60 Hz and are designed for commercial and industrial applications.
Capacitor key features include:
• Dry type, non-PCB dielectric
• Self-healing metalized polypropylene film
• Pressure sensitive interrupter to protect against case rupture
• UL listed; NEMA CP-1 and NEMA 250 compliant
• Designed to exceed 130,000-hour service life
• 1-year cell warranty
Bank Key features include:
• Fixed, 60 Hz power factor correction
• Fused or non-fused modular designs
• Compact, modular, versatile design for wall or floor mounting
• ETL listed/UL 810 compliant; NEMA 12 and 3R Enclosures (indoor and outdoor)
• Designed for applications that do not contain harmonic generating loads