Mobile computing allows job completion anywhere
Motorola introduces ES400 Enterprise Digital Assistant for task completion.
Schaumburg, Ill., July 23, 2010—The Enterprise Mobility Solutions division of Motorola Inc. (NYSE: MOT) has announced the newest addition to its mobile computing portfolio, the ES400 global Enterprise Digital Assistant (EDA). The ES400’s integrated voice and data capabilities unleash the full potential of mobile professionals by empowering them with the information and interaction they need to transform operations, increase enterprise profitability and complete their jobs anywhere, anytime.
Enterprise managers and workers across multiple industries will benefit from the ES400’s combination of the most powerful aspects of mobile computing with push-to-talk capabilities in a compact and lightweight design.
Motorola’s smallest and lightest EDA combines a sleek form factor with advanced performance—allowing mobile workforces to overcome productivity challenges and securely access business-critical applications on the go.
Key enterprise features include:
· Customizable Motorola Enterprise User Interface (MEUI) makes business-critical information and functions available with one key press. Includes enterprise-specific enhancements like photo annotation.
· One button push-to-scan: 1D and 2D bar code reading fulfilling the needs of mobile workers.
· Large, super-bright, 3-inch VGA screen (750 NITS—nearly twice as bright as consumer devices for usage indoors and outdoors) plus integrated keyboard.
· Easy and accurate input with stylus and touch-screen allowing signature capture that is often necessary for completing field tasks.
· Standard battery power to endure full shifts in nearly any work environment. An extended-life battery is also available.
· True worldwide communications with user-selectable 3.5G WAN: GSM HSPA and CDMA EVDO RevA compatibility.
· Broad WLAN functionality supporting 802.11 a/b/g, enabling data, and in 2011, an application for push-to-talk over VoIP compatibility.
· Durable construction to withstand dust, drops and bumps occurring every business day. Meets MIL-STD 810G drop specifications leading to lower total cost of ownership.
· Enterprise-class security including built-in biometric fingerprint reader.
· Three-year life cycle for easier, better IT support and product management, support and service programs designed for business, adding to a better return on investment.
· Built on the standards-based Windows Mobile 6.5 platform to power seamless connectivity, application compatibility and support for industry-specific applications and advanced security and device management mobility needs.
“Motorola recognizes that mobile teams are the lifeblood of an organization, and empowering these teams with unmatched features and functionality to eliminate road blocks in the field is critical to an organization,” said Gene Delaney, president, Motorola Enterprise Mobility Solutions. “The new ES400 EDA combines the best features of mobility, communications and task functionality without compromising performance or design—offering mobile workforces the ability to take action and capture information with a single click, in front of the customer where it counts most.”
The new ES400 will be the first Motorola mobile computer to be carrier-branded, stocked and sold to enterprises through the Sprint Direct and Business Solutions Partners sales channels providing customers with access to a versatile device that meets the needs of the expanding enterprise.
The ES400 is aimed at task managers working hands-on in the field or in the office and juggling management responsibilities. Fast access to high-value data and applications is crucial to sustain productivity for these workers. The ES400 includes the MEUI, which provides users with a custom and customizable business-class interface. Designed for efficiency and speed, MEUI features include: one-touch access to applications, a business-focused home screen, a single touch barcode scanner, an enterprise-class camera application, a simplified call management screen with touch-friendly dial-pad, and readily accessible device management tabs to eliminate the need to drill down through multiple menus and screens to adjust settings. And with the standards-based Windows Mobile 6.5 operating system, the ES400 enables rich applications to be easily developed, ported and deployed on the device, while meeting enterprise security needs.