Utility poles: Preservative pastes and pole bandages
Wood utility poles: Osmose’s preservative pastes and pole bandages protect the outer shell of in-service utility poles from fungal decay and insect attack.
Transmission poles: Osmose’s preservative pastes and pole bandages protect the outer shell of in-service utility poles from fungal decay and insect attack. Pastes are applied to the pole by brush. Brush-on application allows the treatment to be properly applied to irregular surfaces, which are often present in older in-service poles after external decay has been removed, around obstructions such as conduit, and to poles set in uneven terrain.
MP500-EXT delivers broad-spectrum control of wood-destroying decay fungi with an improved environmental profile when compared to other preservative pastes. This formulation provides robust preservative protection while utilizing technology that is responsive to today's regulatory, safety, and environmental concerns.
MP500-EXT's active ingredients were selected and formulated based on Osmose's preservative development experience and expertise. The borax provides fast-acting penetration to control decay fungi internally while the micronized copper carbonate protects against soft rot fungi on the surface of the pole.
MP500-EXT is designed to set a new standard for preservative pastes by combining effective decay control with reduced toxicity and environmental concerns. MP500-EXT has the lowest toxicity profile of all registered external remedial preservative coatings. It carries an Environmental Claim Validation from UL Environment and is the only 100 percent solvent-free remedial preservative paste on the market.
BENEFITS OF MP500-EXT
• Enhanced performance - Borax provides fast-acting penetration to control decay fungi internally while the micronized copper carbonate protects the surface of the pole from soft rot fungi.
• Lasting protection - The improved leach resistance of the micronized copper creates a reservoir effect - the copper remains in reserve until it is needed to protect the pole, at which point it solubilizes and enters the biological breakdown cycle.
• Improved environmental profile - The waterborne formulation contains no petroleum and non-detectable VOCs.
• Has the lowest toxicity profile of any registered paste
• Carries an Environmental Claim Validation from UL Environment