Nuclear Energy Institute elects board leaders
Four members were re-elected to the board's executive committee
The Nuclear Energy Institute has re-elected Christopher M. Crane, president and CEO of Exelon Corp., as chairman of its board of directors. Donald E. Brandt, chairman of the board, president and CEO of Pinnacle West Capital Corp. and Arizona Public Service Co., has been re-elected vice chairman of the board.
NEI also has elected three new members and re-elected six members to its board of directors. Four members were re-elected to the board's executive committee. The elections took place today at a board of directors meeting preceding NEI's annual conference, which convenes tonight and ends Thursday.
The re-elected members of NEI's executive committee, which sets broad policy for the industry, are:
· Anthony Earley, chairman, CEO and president, Pacific Gas & Electric Co. William Levis, president and chief operating officer, PSEG Power
· Caroline A. Reda, president and CEO, GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy
· John F. Young, president and CEO, Energy Future Holdings
Newly elected to the board of directors are:
· Wesley Hines, nuclear engineering department head, University of Tennessee
· John Hopkins, chairman and CEO, NuScale Power LLC
· Daniel Poneman, president and CEO, Centrus Energy Corp.
The re-elected board members are:
· Jack Edlow, president, Edlow International Co.
· Gerald Garfield, partner, Day Pitney LLP
· Edwin D. Hill, international president, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
· William P. Hite, general president, United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices
· Gary Mignogna, president and CEO, Areva Inc.
· Kris P. Singh, president and CEO, Holtec International
Executives from all companies that hold licenses to operate nuclear energy facilities and selected representatives of other companies involved in commercial nuclear technologies are members of NEI's board of directors. Members of the executive committee and the board's non-utility members typically serve three-year terms, and officers are elected annually.
The following NEI officers were re-elected:
· Marvin S. Fertel, president and CEO
· Anthony R. Pietrangelo, senior vice president and chief nuclear officer
· Phyllis M. Rich, senior vice president, chief financial officer, and treasurer
· Alex Flint and J. Scott Peterson, senior vice presidents
· Daniel S. Lipman, Richard J. Myers, Joseph E. Pollock and Douglas J. Walters, vice presidents
· Ellen C. Ginsberg, vice president and secretary
· Lisa I. Steward, assistant secretary
· Robert L. Dubrow, assistant treasurer.
The Nuclear Energy Institute is the nuclear energy industry's policy organization.