Utility supplies: Copper FASTAP with Lineman Assist
Utility tools: BURNDY Copper FASTAP with Lineman Assist adds innovative features to connector technology, improving safety, reliability, as well as ease and speed of installation for copper to copper application.
Utility tools: BURNDY® introduces Copper FASTAP™ with Lineman Assist™, pioneering a novel solution to an age old problem. Parallel groove clamps are an industry staple for mechanical tapping of utility lines. For decades, these connectors have provided a safe, reliable, and easy to install solution for most utilities. The BURNDY® Copper FASTAP™ with Lineman Assist™ adds innovative features to this tried and true connector technology, improving safety, reliability, as well as ease and speed of installation for copper to copper application.
Copper FASTAP™ adds three unique features to the standard parallel groove clamp: spring loaded Lineman Assist™, duckbill handle, and a conductor side entry capability. These three features work in concert to improve the installation speed, safety, and reliability of the connection. The installation begins when the lineman squeezes the duckbill handle to allow the tap conductor to be side-loaded into the connector. This side entry feature enables faster insertion of the tap conductor. The innovative spring assist then acts as a third hand by providing a constant force on the tap conductor and securing it. Using the duckbill as a guide, the lineman then snaps FASTAP onto the run conductor, tightens, and the connection is complete. The entire process literally takes only seconds.
With increased visibility from the public during storm restorations, utilities are looking for solutions that quickly restore power in a safe, reliable, and cost effective way. The Copper FASTAP™ duckbill design allows linemen to easily handle the connector with dielectric gloves in cold, wet, and icy environments. Add in the Lineman Assist™ feature and the linemen can now focus on getting the lights back on and not worry about the conductor falling out prior to tightening.
Features and Benefits
• Lineman Assist™: Spring loaded feature that applies constant pressure on the conductor and acts as a third hand to hold the conductors in place to simplify installation.
• Duckbill Handle: Duckbill feature acts as a handle to easily hold the connector while wearing dielectric gloves. The handle is especially handy in inclement weather.
• Duckbill Lever: The duckbill also acts as a lever to easily open the tap side of the conductor to slide the tap conductor in from the side. Once inside the cable groove the Lineman Assist™ feature “holds” onto the conductor.
• Duckbill Guide: The duckbill lastly acts as a guide to snap the conductor onto the Run conductor while the Lineman Assist™ feature holds onto the Tap conductor.
• Conductor Side Entry: Simplifies installation of both the run and tap conductors.
• Expanded Conductor Range: Reduces the number of connectors required to satisfy most applications.
• Cover Option: Eliminates brush contact with connection.
• Buy It Your Way: Several combinations of connector and options are available.