Utility tools: FreeWave Technologies brings rugged industrial IoT solutions for utilities to ENTELEC 2017
Utility supplies: Company to exhibit and lead education sessions on the latest developments in IT/OT convergence and Sensor-2-Server communications utilities.
Utility tools: FreeWave Technologies Inc., a provider of industrial, secure Machine-to-Machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) wireless networking solutions, is exhibiting at the 2017 Spring ENTELEC Conference and Expo from April 25-27 and will offer demonstrations of its Sensor-2-Server (S2S) solutions at Booth #313. Attendees can view FreeWave’s latest Industrial IoT offerings, including rugged, flexible solutions for use in C1D1 hazardous locations and programmable solutions for communications at the edge of the network. FreeWave will also lead two technical sessions during the conference.
“Wireless communication solutions are now widely accepted and adopted in most energy markets” said Scott Allen, CMO at FreeWave Technologies. “The challenge today is keeping up with the IIoT-driven technology advancements that are connecting more end points than ever before. FreeWave is focused on providing communication solutions that are applicable in today’s evolving marketplace and we’ve developed a new generation of wireless solutions for IIoT networks. Not only are these solutions rugged and reliable, but they are suitable for the ever-changing energy landscape.”
FreeWave will feature the following products in its booth (#313) at ENTELEC:
• WaveContact Family -- WaveContact Modular wireless systems provide rugged, simple and flexible communication solutions that are easily and quickly deployable. WaveContact products interface with a wide variety of sensors deployed in industrial and critical infrastructure markets, such as oil and gas, electric power, water and wastewater, and environmental monitoring. The product line is built for short-range field applications where simplicity and ease-of-use in Class 1 Division 1 hazardous locations are critical for success.
• ZumLink Z9-C and Z9-T -- These are Serial radio modules for OEM and Embedded wireless applications. The ZumLink Z9-C and Z9-T are ideally suited for unmanned systems and other industrial machines and solutions that require highly reliable, high-speed data communications and networking.
• WavePro -- Designed to secure and transport Voice, Video, Data and Sensor (VVDS™) information, this cost-effective, high-speed, rugged wireless communication platform is specifically designed for outdoor industrial locations and has proven reliability in extreme environmental conditions. It’s an ideal field area network solution for oil and gas, utilities, mining, power plants, municipalities, disaster recovery or for any other applications that require remote and resilient Wi-Fi connectivity in nontraditional settings.
Technical Sessions at ENTELEC:
• Sensor-2-Server: Execute Locally, Communicate Globally
Wednesday, April 26 in Room 310B from 3 p.m. – 4 p.m.
The idea of comparing data in motion (at the sensor level) to data at rest (in a big data server warehouse) with predictive analytics in the cloud is very appealing to the industrial sector. The problem big data vendors have, however, is access to that data in motion at the sensor location. Legacy SCADA systems are inadequate and there are very few options for the local execution of predictive analytics applications to apply changes actively in the field. This presentation covers Sensor-to-Server intelligent communications for the IT access layer in regards to collecting and transporting data that supports higher-level analytics.
• IT/OT Convergence: The Impact from the Industrial Internet of Things
Thursday, April 27 in Room 301B from 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
The integration of IT & OT promotes process management tools that help ensure every stakeholder in an organization has accurate information. As OT products, such as PLCs and RTUs, become more aligned with commercial software infrastructures, integrating OT information with IT systems at a process level is difficult. Getting these systems to work together to maximize business efficiency is more challenging. IoT networking technology enables large quantities of information to be readily available – allowing these high-speed data transport technologies to be the true enabler in IT/OT convergence. Critical industries, like utilities, need high-speed connectivity, but also want to maintain security standards and protocols. With high data capacity OT networks, the overhead of Internet and security protocols is no longer critical to network latency and SCADA applications for communications. OT/IT networks now use the same Network and Transport layers, clearing one of the fundamental barriers to convergence.
About FreeWave Technologies
FreeWave Technologies is a leading provider of wireless Machine to Machine (M2M) solutions that deliver reliable access to data for leading companies in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) markets. As the #1 provider of wireless IIoT to the oil and gas industry, FreeWave’s fast, flexible and easy-to-deploy solutions streamline connectivity over long distances to also create significant operational efficiencies for government, defense and UAV/Drone contractors, agriculture equipment manufacturers, energy and smart grid networks, municipalities and more. With 20-plus years of experience in the M2M market and millions of radios deployed in the field, customers repeatedly turn to FreeWave to maximize their value in connecting M2M devices to optimize real-time decision-making.