Energy management: Operating platform for advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) networks
Power management: Latest command center release adds features, greater compatibility to Landis+Gyr’s connected platform. New version improves functionality and software integration capabilities.
Energy management: Landis+Gyr announced the release of Command Center 7.2, the latest version of its operating platform for the company’s Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) networks.
Command Center 7.2 lays the groundwork for the next generation of IoT connectivity on the grid, building in support for new devices and management of peer-to-peer communications on the network. It also enables enhanced integration with other utility software products.
“As part of the development process, we continue to look for innovation that is useful for our customer base, and positions the product well for future technology advances,” said Lisa Washburn, Director of Product Management Solutions at Landis+Gyr. “In addition to laying the groundwork for the next generation of IoT devices, Command Center is bringing more functionality for load profile data, temperature sensing and software integration.”
Updates in Command Center 7.2 include:
• Enhanced meter reading integration architecture that enables a more flexible model for expanding integration support between Command Center and other utility software utilizing CIM (IEC 61968-9) standards-based interfaces
• Expanded support for device event messaging integration with CIM 2nd Edition (IEC 61968-9-2)
• Expanded alerts for meter temperature monitoring
• Enhanced meter data extracts that enable multiple third-party systems, such as data analytics, to receive targeted data from Command Center
• Support for device teaming that enables a device to communicate intelligently at the field area network’s edge without requiring head-end connectivity
Command Center is the operating software supporting Landis+Gyr’s AMI offerings. It complements the company’s connected platform of intelligent devices and software applications for utility IoT networks, while providing a secure platform for monitoring and control of advanced meters and networks.
Landis+Gyr is the leading global provider of integrated energy management solutions for the utility sector. Offering one of the broadest portfolios of products and services to address complex industry challenges, the company delivers comprehensive solutions for the foundation of a smarter grid, including smart metering, distribution network sensing and automation tools, load control, analytics and energy storage. Landis+Gyr operates in over 30 countries across five continents. With sales of approximately USD 1.7 billion, the company employs c. 6,000 people with the sole mission of helping the world manage energy better.