Switchgear design: 38kV gas-insulated switchgear
Switchgear manufacturer: Schneider Electric launches 38kV gas-insulated switchgear offering for the US market. The switchgear provides a long service-life, low maintenance cost and reduced footprint.
Switchgear: Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management and automation, announced the launch of its 38kV gas-insulated switchgear (GIS) offers, GHA and CBGS-0, to address the growing need for medium voltage gas-insulated switchgear for the US market. Both UL listed products incorporate innovative technology into compact, pre-assembled switchgear modules that help to reduce facility capex while streamlining operations and reducing maintenance.
Today’s facilities and plants, constrained by limited space requirements, are looking for smaller equipment that does not compromise safety or performance. Schneider Electric’s metal-enclosed, gas-insulated switchgear boasts a compact design and easy-to-install features that provide drastic space savings, as compared to traditional metal-clad air-insulated switchgear, helping to reduce equipment footprint up to 75 percent.
For any facility, ensuring the reliability and safety of switchgear is fundamental for optimizing equipment performance and plant operations. Schneider Electric’s GIS solution incorporates arc resistant designs tested per both the IEEE and IEC standards to help mitigate faults and provide the ultimate level of worker safety. Vacuum interrupters, or SF6 interrupters, built into the switchgear offer the best of both individual technologies for circuit breakers helping plants to stay on the leading edge of safety, reliability, and performance. Additionally, the solution’s intuitive and ergonomic user interface reduces the possibility of improper operation of the switchgear.
Schneider Electric’s GIS design utilizes sealed-for-life switchgear technology, eliminating gas handling on-site during installation, expansion, or routine maintenance. Elimination of gas handling on-site further increases reliability, safety, and longevity of the equipment. The SF6 tank in each bay is filled and sealed before final assembly and testing in the factory. Pre-assembly of the solution at the factory level helps to provide the highest quality and reduces many costs during installation.
Additional features and benefits of Schneider Electric’s GHA:
• Environmental Features: The compact and modular switchgear is suitable for a wide range of applications and can perform in highly polluted areas. It’s both environmentally compatible and easy to recycle.
• Ease of Management: The product is factory assembled and ready to connect without gas handling, and uses standard outer-cone cable connections enabling simple, easy, and reliable installation.
• Innovative Technology: GHA offers B-link technology, an innovative fault-tolerant bus bar link, which enables rapid and easy on-site assembly, allows sections to be connected without gas handling, and provides safety against stray voltage.
Additional features and benefits of Schneider Electric’s CBGS-0:
• Environmental Features: Similar to GHA, the CBGS-0 product line considers the environment through sealed-for-life design. The technology is suitable for a wide range of applications as the medium voltage circuit is sealed from the environment.
• Ease of Management: CBGS-0 offers a user-friendly operator interface, minimum lifecycle costs, and straightforward operations management. It is also factory assembled and ready to connect without gas handling.
• Flexible and Economical: This plug and play solution combines robust switchgear design with solid insulated bus bars with a grounded shield.
For more information about Schneider Electric or other products, click here to go to Utility Products’ Buyers Guide.