Safety products: Excavation tools from Air-Spade
Line construction: Air-Spade announces UTILITY AIR-SPADE 4000 SERIES excavation tools.
Utility equipment: Air-Spade, a division of Guardair Corporation, announces the availability of the UTILITY AIR-SPADE 4000 SERIES excavation tools. These tools are safe, non-damaging alternatives to traditional digging methods that often puncture sensitive underground cables and pipes during soil-excavation applications.
The UTILITY AIR-SPADE 4000 is designed for safe excavation around buried utilities. Electrically insulating materials as well as non-sparking materials make excavating around high voltage power lines and gas lines safe. The UTILITY AIR-SPADE comes in two sizes - the 105 cfm with 4-foot barrel and the 150 cfm with 4-foot barrel. They feature patented supersonic nozzles that utilize compressed-air to produce high-speed laser-like jets that move at twice the speed of sound for faster, more effective digging in the toughest soils. For use in utility locating and repair, keyholing, potholing, valve box cleaning and cable trenching.
Product features for both sizes include:
• Rugged, ergonomic handle with plastic-coated grip
• Retractable stabilizer bar and integral air-pressure gauge
• Dead-man trigger with trigger guard to prevent accidental actuation
• Oversized trigger and trigger guard to allow room for triple layered linesman gloves
• Insulated, 4 foot fiberglass barrel rated up to 300kV
• Internal high pressure air hose within barrel acts as pressure boundary
• Non-sparking bronze barrel hardware
• Adjustable, thermoplastic spray shield (or just spray shield)
• Non-sparking, bronze supersonic nozzle
• Extensions available in 2, 3, 4, and 5 foot lengths
• 3/4" FNPT air inlet
• Chicago-style swivel connector
• Made in the USA
About Air-Spade, Division of Guardair Corporation
Founded more than 60 years ago, Guardair Corporation is a manufacturer of safety air guns, syphon spray guns, pneumatic vacuums, and accessories. All Guardair products, including Air-Spade, are available through a nationwide and international network of industrial distributors and dealers. Guardair products are designed to maximize power, performance, and operator comfort, while meeting all applicable OSHA Standards.