New light tower
Doosan’s new LightSource Compact light tower meets rigorous standards
Statesville, N.C., October 25, 2010—The new LSC (LightSource Compact) light tower model from Doosan provides portable power with class-leading durability and reliability to meet the rigorous standards of rental and construction markets. The LCS is for road and bridge construction, emergency and disaster relief, and general construction sites.
LSC: Compact Platform
• Compact platform for truckload maximization and cost-effective transportation,
• Optimizing number of units per truck,
• Eleven fully assembled units nested on a standard 48 foot flatbed,
• The LSC utilizes up to 20 percent less space compared to the industry average, while maintaining its wind stability, static roll threshold and 30-foot extension capabilities,
• Mast/outriggers stowed: 166 x 53 in.,
• Full operational deployment on a jobsite, and
• Mast/outriggers deployed:129 x 107 in.
LSC: Stability and Robustness
• Superior strength and robustness for towing and operation stability provided by the 7-gauge steel frame with integrated tow bar,
• Able to withstand 65-mph winds with 4-point outrigger and jack system fully deployed, and
• Durable polyethylene material fenders—virtually indestructible on a job site, dent and corrosion resistant.
LSC: Quality and Durability
• Fully galvanized steel tower and galvannealed undercoat sheet metal enclosure for rust resistance and enhanced corrosion protection,
• Curly cord protection within the steel shroud along the first section of the tower prevents pinch or puncture damage, and
• The telescoping tower can be rotated 360 degrees and locks into position for precise aiming of floodlights while enclosure/frame stays stationary.
LSC: Full Trailer Package Standard
Full trailer package equipped standard for towing safety and compliance:
• Federal DOT/CSA full running light package,
• 13 inch tires, 2 inch ball hitch, four tie-downs, zinc-coated chains, and
• License plate holder with light and VIN number.
LSC: 4 x 1000 Watts Rectangular Lights
• Robust cast aluminum housing,
• Interior reflector is a separate piece of anodized aluminum inside the housing compared to the old housing that was also the reflector, therefore risk of light distribution being disrupted is lowered,
• Reduced wind load,
• Better towing visibility,
• Improved light distribution,
• Bulb is side-mounted/horizontal inside fixture,
• 6x7 beam spread as defined by NEMA (National Electric Manufactures Association), and
• 460 foot candles of coverage per light fixture / luminarie.
LSC: Proven, Tested and Supported
• Utilizes “tried and true” proven components that have made Doosan Portable Power products leaders in quality, durability and long-life,
• Light fixtures, bulbs, winches, outriggers/jacks,
• Full tower/mast assembly, pulleys, and cable,
• Fenders (same as C185 Compressor) and more,
• Extensively tested new components and design,
• Engine/alternator/cooling system endurance and start/stop load tested,
• Wind load, lifting bail and rough road tested,
• Static roll threshold tested (Tilt Table),
• Transportability (trailer) tested,
• CSA compliance tested and more, and
• Supported by Doosan Portable Power network and an industry-leading factory warranty of 2-year/2,000 hrs bumper-to-bumper coverage.