At this year’s 65th annual Electric Utility Fleet Managers Conference, Aron Ralston, an outdoorsman, adventurer and motivational speaker, will address EUFMC attendees with his story of extreme willpower and sacrifice that captured international headlines.
The author of the New York Times best-selling memoir, Between a Rock and a Hard Place, Ralston was ascending a Utah canyon alone in 2003 when a boulder became unstuck and pinned him to the canyon wall. After six days during which time he struggled to free himself and ward off dehydration and hypothermia, he recorded his last will and testament before freeing himself by amputating his right hand with a pocketknife.
Aron Ralston’s inspirational message of how a true test of the human spirit led to his survival was also captured in the major motion picture, 127 Hours, starring James Franco.
Aron Ralston replaces Jim Abbott who was announced previously.
EUFMC 2018 HIGHLIGHTS:
• Strategies for Managing a Safe, Productive and Cost Effective Fleet will be the focus of presentations by fleet executives, manufacturer representatives and industry experts during the EUFMC General Session educational program.
• Keynote Speaker Danny Lindsey, Power Delivery senior vice president at Georgia Power, will address the 2018 Electric Utility Fleet Managers Conference.
• Roundtables where fleet executives address common challenges by sharing best practices and working with suppliers to find solutions
• Utility Equipment Drive-Through Demonstrations with educational and technical presentations by suppliers
• Equipment Show exhibits with more than 60 displays of vehicles, equipment, components and a wide range of technologies and services
More than 120 utility fleet representatives and over 325 representatives from manufacturers and service providers attended EUFMC in 2017.
Electric Utility Fleet Managers Conference: June 3-6, 2018
Williamsburg Lodge and Conference Center, Williamsburg, Virginia