Utility tools: Crimp tool makes crimping easier and more comfortable
Utility supplies: Platinum Tools launches Ergo Crimp Tool. The versatile and reliable 9-in. Ergo Crimp Tool makes crimping easier and more comfortable.
Utility equipment: Platinum Tools, a provider of solutions for the preparation, installation, hand termination and testing of wire and cable, announces the launch of the 9-Inch Ergo Crimp Tool (p/n 16500).
“The next generation of crimp tool technology designed around the user,” explained John Phillips, Platinum Tools product manager. “We’ve made crimping even easier and more comfortable. The ‘straight plate’ lower jaw assembly eliminates critical structural stress points, common in most competitive tools…it will not break under heavy stress and will last for years to come.”
Additional specifications include:
• Crimps insulated terminals to 10 AWG and non-insulated terminals to 8 AWG
• Variety of crimp dies available for CATV F,BNC, TNC, SMB, SMA and N series coaxial connectors
• Accepts crimp die sets from most other popular tools (previous old crimping dies will work)
• Reduced handle grip distance makes it ideal for all hand sizes and allows for prolonged, comfortable use
• Smooth ratcheted crimp cycle with a safety release and no break over hand force
• Adjustable cam for precision ratchet adjustment, allowing for a perfect crimp, no matter the die set or application
“The new 9-inch Ergo Crimp Tool is available with a number of tool and die specifications allowing it to work with a number of cable types, crimp types and sizes, and connector types,” Phillips added. “Custom dies are also available. Higher performance, reliability, versatility, and comfort. It’s all here.”