Utility supplies: Crimp tools from Platinum Tools
Electrical tools: Platinum Tools debuts Ergo Crimp Tool at 2014 InfoComm. The versatile and reliable new 9-Inch Ergo Crimp Tool makes crimping easier and more comfortable; the “straight plate” lower jaw assembly eliminates critical structural stress points so it won’t break under heavy stress and will last for years to come.
Utility equipment: Platinum Tools, a provider of solutions for the preparation, installation, hand termination and testing of wire and cable, announces the debut of the 9-Inch Ergo Crimp Tool (p/n 16500) at InfoComm 2014, held from June 18-20 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, booths C5238 & N368j.
“The next generation crimp tool technology has been designed around the user,” explained John Phillips, Platinum Tools product manager. “We’ve made crimping even easier and more comfortable. The ‘straight plate’ lower jaw assembly eliminates critical structural stress points, common in most competitive tools…it will not break under heavy stress and will last for years to come.”
Additional specifications include:
• crimps insulated terminals to 10 AWG and non-insulated terminals to 8 AWG
• variety of crimp dies available for CATV F,BNC, TNC, SMB, SMA and N series coaxial connectors
• accepts crimp die sets from most other popular tools (previous old crimping dies will work)
• reduced handle grip distance makes it ideal for all hand sizes and allows for prolonged, comfortable use
• smooth ratcheted crimp cycle with a safety release and no break over hand force
• adjustable cam for precision ratchet adjustment, allowing for a perfect crimp, no matter the die set or application
“The new 9-inch Ergo Crimp Tool is available with a number of tool and die specifications allowing it to work with a number of cable types, crimp types and sizes, and connector types,” Phillips added. “Custom dies are also available. Higher performance, reliability, versatility, and comfort. It’s all here.”