Handheld voltage detectors
HDE's handheld voltage detectors consist of the LV-5 Stray Voltage Detector and the VP-1 Voltage Probe.
HD Electric Company's (HDE's) handheld voltage detectors consist of the LV-5 Stray Voltage Detector and the VP-1 Voltage Probe. These handheld voltage detectors are used to detect voltages starting at 5 Vac. They give an indication of the presence of voltage with either a flashing light or flashing light and beeping.
LV-5 Stray Voltage Detector
The LV-5 Stray Voltage Detector is a new addition to the product family and detects voltage from 5 Vac to 600 Vac with direct contact and above 600 Vac at a distance. The LV-5 detector has an ultra- bright flashing indication of voltage and is always on and ready to use.
• Detects voltages from 5 Vac to 600 Vac.
• Detects stray voltage that may be present on electrically conductive surfaces.
• Ultra bright, long lasting red LED indicates when voltage is present.
• Rugged, utility-grade design is waterproof.
• Always on.
• Made in the USA.
• Kit is available, includes:
- Holster to store the LV-5 when not in use—can be worn or hung.
- Integrated tester stored in holster, tests the LV-5 for proper operation.
VP-1 Voltage Probe
The VP-1 Voltage Probe is designed to be used as a hand held direct contact secondary voltage detector from 50 Vac to 600 Vac and as a proximity voltage detector for higher voltages. The VP-1 is always on and gives a flashing red light and beeping indication when voltage is detected.
• Detects voltages from 50 Vac to 600 Vac.
• Detects the presence of voltage on UG equipment test points and other energized equipment.
• Flashing red light and beeper indicates when voltage is present.
• Always on—no on/off switch.
• Kit is available, includes tester to test the VP-1 for proper operation.
• Made in the USA.
For more information about HDE or other voltage detectors, click here to go to Utility Products' Buyers Guide.