A high quality conductive connection requires the proper removal of the cable sheath and careful stripping of individual conductors. The cable sheath can be removed quickly and cleanly using a suitable sheath removal tool. The individual conductors must be stripped cleanly, to the correct length and without damage in the contact area. Stripping pliers for this purpose have stripping holes designed for one or more defined conductor cuts.
Pliers with circular cutting holes are only suitable for stripping the cross-section they are designed for. Risk of confusion, which leads to conductor damage, arises when there are several hole diameters. Therefore, care must be taken when choosing the pliers to use for a particular job. Self-adjusting insulation strippers automatically adjust to the diameter or insulation thickness. This greatly aids users as the risk of damaging the conductor is eliminated. Cables up to 16mm2 can be stripped using these tools. The cutting depth of the blades can be closely adjusted for different materials, while the length stop facilitates series stripping. Among Rennsteig Tools many tools is the MultiStrip 10 automatic self-adjusting insulation stripper, outlined below.
Rennsteig Tools’ MultiStrip 10 automatic self-adjusting insulation stripper offers the following features:
• Fully automatic self-adjustment to commercially available single-, multi- and fine-stranded conductors with standard insulation throughout the entire capacity range from 0.03 to 10.0 mm²
• Applicable for single or multi-wire PVC-, and a large variety of
• Teflon- , Radox-, or rubber-insulated cables
• For wire sizes 0.03 to 10 mm² (AWG 32-8)
• Solid metal clamping jaws
• Length stop for preadjustment of stripping length up to 18 mm
• Blade and lenght stop easy to replace
• Built-in wire cutter for Cu and Al multi-wire cables up to 10mm²/AWG 8 and single-wire cables up to 6 mm²/AWG10
• Tool body made of glass fiber reinforced plastic
• Ergonomic, two-component handles
• Made in Germany by Rennsteig
For more information about Rennsteig Tools or other insulation strippers, click here to go to Utility Products' Buyers Guide.