Safety equipment: Combination crop locator and ferrous metal detector
Safety products: Vivax-Metrotech’s VM-585 Combination Drop Locator and Ferrous Metal Detector locate short distance runs such as drops and detect buried ferrous metal objects.
Safety equipment: With Vivax-Metrotech’s VM-585 Combination Drop Locator and Ferrous Metal Detector, the typical applications are to locate short distance runs such as drops and to detect buried ferrous metal objects such as buried valve box covers and buried tanks.
• Utility Locating - With a 50/60Hz passive power locating frequency and three active frequencies of 512/640Hz, 8.19kHz, and 83KhZ, the VM-585 will meet the requirements of those wishing to detect the presence of active power cables and to trace short ranges.
• Metal Detector – The advanced filtering of the VM-585 rejects materials such as bottle caps and aluminum cans, and zeros in on finding only ferrous materials. The manual gain control allows it to be controlled and able to work close to large metal objects such as automobiles and chain link fences while still looking for the targets underground. The VM-585 will locate through asphalt, concrete or grass, and in temporary conditions such as snow. The carbon fiber tube is waterproof and will be able to be used in flooded areas when needed to do so.
• The 1-Watt VM-585 transmitter applies a locate frequency by direct connection or induction. Optional Induction Clamps can be used to clamp around a line and induce the locate signal onto it.
• Rugged and lightweight ABS plastic and carbon fiber construction
• One induction and three direct connect frequencies
• Power (50/60Hz), passive locate mode
• Peak response from twin antenna array
• High contrast quick responsive display
• Simple four button control keypad
• Pushbutton depth estimation. (Imperial or Metric)
• IP54 rating
• Audio and visual indications
• Low battery warning