Test products: Badger Meter, a manufacturer of flow measurement, control and communications solutions, has announced the launch of its next generation E-Series® Ultrasonic meters for commercial applications. The new meters will be available in 3-inch and 4-inch sizes.
Badger Meter E-Series Ultrasonic meters are designed for high measurement accuracy and long-term reliability. With extended flow ranges, the new meters are ideal for measuring potable cold water in commercial and industrial applications that experience wide fluctuations in water demand. Smart alarms provide early detection for flow, temperature and pressure disturbances to help utilities proactively manage their water systems faster and more efficiently. The new E-Series Ultrasonic meters will also feature:
• Open flow tube design;
• Fully electronic meters with programmable registration and reporting features;
• Long-term sustained accuracy within ± 1.5 percent and extended flow accuracy within ± 3 percent;
• Meter alarms for empty pipe, exceeding max flow, reverse flow, leak, temperature, pressure and battery;
• Single and dual outputs with industry standard ASCII protocol, scale and unscaled and 4-20mA;
• Fully submersible to withstand harsh environments;
• Lead-free bronze alloy housing that complies with the lead-free requirements of the Safe Drinking Water Act; and,
• Compatibility with Badger Meter’s ORION® family of endpoints.
Unlike mechanical meters, ultrasonic meters, use high-frequency sound waves to measure flows. This technology helps water utilities extend low flow accuracy to measure small volumes of water, as well as improve overall reliability. And, with no moving parts, E-Series Ultrasonic meters offer increased performance to extend the life of the meter and maximize revenue.
“We offer an industry-leading range of meter options and the new E-Series Ultrasonic meters continue to showcase Badger Meter’s innovation. They are the first commercial meters to offer pressure and temperature data and are the only electronic meters with a modular design that allows for replaceable electronics,” said Kim Stoll, vice president of sales and marketing at Badger Meter. “As the only independent manufacturer of water metering solutions in the country, we strive to be on the forefront of new technologies that conserve and measure water and are proud to extend this proven technology to our customers for their commercial applications.”
About Badger Meter
Badger Meter is an innovator in flow measurement, control and communications solutions, serving water utilities, municipalities, and commercial and industrial customers worldwide. The company’s products measure water, oil, chemicals, and other fluids, and are known for accuracy, long-lasting durability and for providing valuable and timely measurement data.