Test Products: New and Improved 10A Micro-Ohmmeter Model 6255 Introduced
Test products: AEMC Instruments’ 10A Micro-Ohmmeter Model 6255 is a rugged, low resistance tester designed for plant maintenance, quality control and field use.
Test products: AEMC Instruments’ 10A Micro-Ohmmeter Model 6255 is a rugged, low resistance tester designed for plant maintenance, quality control and field use. Using the four-lead Kelvin method of testing, the Model 6255 is cited to be one of the most accurate Micro-Ohmmeters available, with 0.05 percent accuracy.
Resistance measurements are automatically calculated and displayed, taking into account the measurement value, ambient temperature, reference temperature and metal temperature co-efficient. Sample temperature can be manually entered by the operator or directly measured by the Model 6255 with an external RTD temperature probe.
The Model 6255 is designed to conduct tests on both resistive and inductive material, with operator selection directly from the front panel. Three test modes are available: resistive (instantaneous test), inductive (continuous test), and auto (repetitive tests). Includes FREE DataView software for data storage, real-time display, analysis and report generation.
• Measure from 1μΩ (0.1μΩ resolution) to 2500.0Ω
• Test current selection of 1mA, 10mA, 100mA, 1A, and 10A
• Tests up to 60 minutes at 10A
• RTD temperature probe (optional)
• Selectable metal types
• Automatic and manual temperature correction
• Two programmable alarm set points
• Stores up to 1,500 test results
• Selectable inductive or resistive test modes
• Automatic multiple test mode (multiple tests without pressing the test button)
• Large multi-line electroluminescent display
• Internal rechargeable batteries conduct up to 5000 - 10A tests
• Rugged, double insulated waterproof case
• Plant maintenance, quality control and field use
• Aerospace metallic coating resistance measurement
• Bonding resistance measurement of motors and transformers
• Bonding verification on earth/ground systems
• Weld joint integrity verification
• Contact resistance measurement of breakers and switchgears
• Aircraft and rail bonding checks
• Wire to terminal connections and resistance checks
• Battery strap resistance checks
• Cable joint and bus bar connection checks
• Mechanical bond tests