Utility equipment: Kohler Power Systems is a adding a new model to its robust line of diesel-powered mobile generators. The 55REOZT4 offers customizable options to meet the varying needs of end users and features Kohler’s unmatched quality, reliability and flexibility. Built to withstand the elements and run long hours in prime and standby applications, the new generator model meets all emissions standards.
“The 55REOZT4 is a great addition to our diesel mobile generator line and is ideal for a wide variety of settings where power is needed from remote construction sites to large-scale events,” said Anne Feudner, product manager for Kohler Power Systems. “This new model is being offered in response to the strong feedback we’ve received to our existing diesel-powered mobile units. This is the fifth model introduced within our Tier 4 Final lineup and is capable of a 46-48 kW standby rating and 42-43 kW prime and continuous rating.”
The 55REOZT4 is EPA emission certified for non-road use and comes equipped with a rugged DOT-certified trailer and durable enclosure. Like all Kohler gaseous and diesel mobile generators, the new model is compatible with the company¹s recently launched Mobile Paralleling Box, which delivers cutting-edge flexibility by allowing users to parallel different sized generators with different fuel types to optimize power for the specific task at hand.
The 55REOZT4 integrates a number of user-friendly features to deliver straightforward operation and dependable performance in the field, including:
• A heavy-duty air cleaner with restriction indicator
• Fuel tanks sized for 24-hour runtime
• External emergency stop
• Stainless steel door latches and hinges
• Two-way fuel valve to easily switch from onboard to external fuel sources
• Three position selector switch
• A cold weather package that includes block and battery heaters
• A convenient single point lifting eye
• Durable steel sound-attenuating housing with quiet operation of 69 dB(A) at 7 m (23ft.) at full load
• A patented housing that lifts off without removing external hardware or wiring
The 55REOZT4 features Kohler’s powerful KDI 3404 engine, which achieves Tier 4 Final emission compliance without a diesel particulate filter (DPF) due to a number of innovative design features, including Kohler’s direct injection system, cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) and diesel oxygenated catalyst (DOC). A high-pressure common rail system (CSR) is also integrated, which utilizes pressures at 2000 bar (29,000 psi) to deliver better atomization of fuel, improved fuel consumption and a reduction in emission particulates.
Advanced Digital Controller
The Kohler Decision-Maker 3500 digital controller, featured on the 55REOZT4 generator, provides intuitive displays and keypad functions, plus advanced network communications for remote monitoring. Other features include:
• Parallel capable system with an easy-to-read 4.3-inch LED backlit color graphic LCD display
• Remote-start and remote-stop convenience
• Potted circuit board and sealed connectors to protect against environmental conditions
• Auto-sensors on the selector switch setting, eliminating the need to program voltage changes
• Voltage, current, frequency and power monitoring
• Analog inputs, warnings and faults monitoring
About Kohler Power Systems
Kohler Power Systems, a division of Kohler Co., provides complete power systems, including generators (residential, industrial, mobile, portable, and marine), automatic transfer switches, paralleling switchgear, monitoring controls, and accessories for emergency, prime power and energy-management applications. Kohler Power Systems has delivered energy solutions for markets worldwide since 1920.