Utility equipment: Field inspection data and asset integration from Schneider Electric
Power data logger: Orbit, a new mobile platform from Schneider Electric, uses cloud technology to allow for seamless integration of field inspection data and assets, eliminating the delay and cost of data conversion.
Data logger: Orbit, a new mobile platform from Schneider Electric, uses cloud technology to allow for seamless integration of field inspection data and assets, eliminating the delay and cost of data conversion. Orbit unifies the processes needed to collect and transfer data, reducing expenses and increasing productivity by eliminating the need to purchase numerous applications required for collecting various data in the field.
This comprehensive mobile application revolutionizes the everyday job of coordinators and field workers by allowing work to be done in the field or in the office through the utilization of the following features:
• Allows field crews to access critical information in the field to easily know where to go, what to do and what information to gather.
• Exchanges information via the cloud in real-time, eliminating the need for data conversions.
• Eliminates the need for costly hardware by providing downloadable mobile applications for Windows 7, Windows 8 Pro and iOS.
• Access the cloud configuration from the same corporate security networks companies currently have in place.
• Allows field workers to operate offline if no connection is available.
• Uses the same login credentials as your corporate network to secure access and to provide a single sign-on experience.
This mobile platform enables utilities and telecommunication companies who need to survey and inspect assets to meet regulatory compliance, maintain infrastructure and better prioritize maintenance. Built using the Microsoft Windows Azure cloud platform, Orbit makes use of the best cloud technology available today.
“Schneider Electric has created an innovative field inspection solution that delivers speed, agility and value for customers no matter what size or location. The Microsoft Windows Azure cloud platform provides the foundation for the Orbit solution delivering the performance, scalability and resilience utilities need to support seamless integration of field inspection data and assets,” said Jon C. Arnold, managing director, Worldwide Power and Utilities Industry, Microsoft.
For more information about Schneider Electric or other products, click here to go to Utility Products’ Buyers Guide.