Handheld computers: Panasonic expands Toughpad tablet line
Mobile computers: 10-inch Windows 8 Pro-based and 7-inch Android-powered tablets offer choice to meet expanding business tablet expectations.
Las Vegas, NV — Mobile computers: Panasonic has expanded its Toughpad line of tablets with the introduction of the Toughpad FZ-G1, a 10 inch tablet featuring Windows® 8 Pro, and the availability of the Toughpad JT-B1, a 7 inch Android-powered unit. Both devices follow the original 10 inch Android-powered Toughpad FZ-A1 which became broadly available late last year. With the Toughpad (#Toughpad) family of ruggedized tablets, businesses and government institutions have a single partner delivering a selection of highly reliable and purpose-built devices ideal for numerous operational needs.
Toughpad tablets are designed for mission-critical and highly mobile workers in fields such as utilities, construction, military, healthcare, public safety, retail, maintenance, supply chain logistics and insurance. The devices are ideal for a host of usage scenarios, including field service, inventory control, eForms, field sales, route delivery, eCitations, and more.
Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1: Key Features:
• Operating System: Windows 8 Pro
• Processor: 3rd Generation Intel® Core i5-3437U vPro 1.9GHz up to 2.9GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
• Memory: 128-256GB SSD, 4-8GB RAM, optional micro SDXC
• Rugged: MIL-STD-810G, 4 ft. drop, IP65, 14 to 122F (operational temp range)
• Display: 10.1 in., sunlight viewable, touch screen and active digitizer, 800nit, WUXGA (1920x1200)
• Battery: 8.0 hours (user-replaceable)
• Dimensions: 10.6 in. x 7.4 in. x 0.75 in.
• Weight: 2.43 lbs
• Wireless: Bluetooth V4.0, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, optional embedded 4G LTE or 3G
• I/O: Full size USB 3.0, HDMI, optional micro SDXC, Full size USB 2.0, wired LAN, true serial port or dedicated GPS.
Panasonic Toughpad JT-B1: Key Features:
• Operating System: Android 4.0
• Processor: TI OMAP4460 1.5GHz Dual core
• Memory: 16GB ROM, 1GB RAM, micro SDHC
• Rugged: MIL-STD-810G, 5 ft. drop, IP65, 14F to 122F (operational temp range)
• Display: 7 in., daylight viewable, 500nit, WSVGA (1024 x 600)
• Camera: Front: 1.3Mp fixed focus, Rear: 13.0Mp auto focus w/ LED light
• Battery: 8.0 hours - Large 5,720mAh battery (user-replaceable)
• Dimensions: 8.7 in. x 5.1 in. x 0.7 in.
• Weight: 1.2 lbs
• Wireless: Bluetooth V4.0, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, optional embedded 4G LTE + 3G
• I/O: Micro USB
Toughpad tablets are MIL-STD-810G tested for drops, fluid ingress and temperature, to assure they deliver reliable performance under circumstances that render typical tablets non-operational. Devices feature daylight viewable screens, user-replaceable or serviceable batteries, a stylus for signature capture and handwriting (on the FZ-G1 and FZ-A1 with 3rd party apps), and multiple options for peripheral connectivity.
For more information about Panasonic or other tablets, click here to go to Utility Products’ Buyers Guide.