Test products: Proximity Voltage Detectors
Voltage detectors: HD Electric’s PRX Proximity Voltage Detectors are non-contact detectors with voltage ranges from 120V up to 500kV.
Voltage measurement: HDE's PRX Proximity Voltage Detectors are non-contact detectors with voltage ranges from 120V up to 500kV. When voltage is detected, the PRX gives an audible and visual indication with a typical detection distance of 10 inches. The PRX has the ability to detect voltage on most elbow test points at the 120V setting. With a rechargeable internal battery, the PRX can be charged quickly from 12VDC automotive outlets or from 115-240VAC.
There are models available to detect voltages from elbow test points at the 120V setting up to 500kV transmission voltages:
• PRX-500 - 9 range settings from 120V to 500kV
• PRX-69D - 7 range settings from 120V to 69kV
• Custom models are available, the PRX-4 was created with 2 range settings from 50V to 4kV
Proximity Voltage Detector Features:
• Sealed to resist water penetration in typical outdoor environments
• Voltage ranges from 120VAC up to 500kVAC
• Detects voltages typically 10" or greater from source and most elbow test points
• Rechargeable battery with quick recharge - 15 minutes for a full day of use
• Weighs less than 1 pound
• Loud beeper and LED lights indicate voltage