Voltage measurement: HD Electric Company's PRX Proximity Voltage Detectors are non-contact detectors with voltage ranges from 120V up to 500 kV. When voltage is detected, the PRX gives an audible and visual indication with a typical detection distance of 10 in. The PRX has the ability to detect voltage on most elbow test points at the 120V setting. With a rechargeable internal battery, the PRX can be charged quickly from 12 Vdc automotive outlets or from 115-240 Vac.
There are models available to detect voltages from elbow test points at the 120V setting up to 500 kV transmission voltages:
• PRX-500 – Nine range settings from 120V to 500 kV;
• PRX-69D - Seven range settings from 120V to 69 kV; and
• Custom models are available, the PRX-4 was created with two range settings from 50V to 4 kV.
Proximity Voltage Detector features:
• Sealed to resist water penetration in typical outdoor environments;
• Voltage ranges from 120 Vac up to 500 kVac;
• Detects voltages typically 10 in. or greater from source and most elbow test points;
• Rechargeable battery with quick recharge, 15 minutes for a full day of use;
• Weighs less than 1 lb.; and
• Loud beeper and LED lights indicate voltage.