Panasonic Toughbook tablet for the mobile worker
Panasonic Toughbook tablet C2 is a semi-rugged convertible tablet PC built for Windows 8 Pro. All-new, intuitive user interface, bridge battery and semi-rugged durability for mobile workers.
Secaucus, NJ—Panasonic Toughbook tablet C2, a semi-rugged convertible tablet PC, is Panasonic’s first Toughbook model optimized for the new Microsoft Windows 8 Pro operating system. The new device includes a third-generation Intel Core processor, delivers some 11 hours of battery life and offers reliability. For highly mobile workers, the Toughbook C2 will deliver the performance and reliability needed to drive improved productivity.
Panasonic Toughbook C2: Key Features:
• Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64-bit operating system with Microsoft Windows 7 professional option available
• Intel® Core i5-3427U vProTM (3MB cache, up to 2.8 GHz) with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
• 5-point capacitive multi-touch 12.5-inch, 500 nit, daylight-readable HD display with an anti-reflective/anti-glare treatments, and IPS technology to enable a wide viewing angle
• Digitizer for effortless note-taking and signature capture with an electronic pen
• Enhanced triple hinge design that provides durable support when rotating the screen to tablet mode
• Leading battery life: Delivers approx. 11 hours of continuous use depending on usage conditions (approx. 15 hours with optional long life battery)
• Bridge battery allows the main battery to be swapped without powering down the device
• Approx. 3.99 lb. magnesium alloy design
• High-definition 720p webcam with built-in microphone and optional 3MP rear facing camera
• Redesigned ergonomic Y-shaped hand strap for easy carrying in both landscape and portrait modes
• Embedded wireless technologies including Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth and optional 4G LTE or 3G Gobi mobile broadband
• Flexible configuration options including the optional inclusion of a serial port, VGA (HDMI port comes standard) or modem port, as well as optional near field communications (NFC) or SmartCard reader for user authentication
• Ambient light, magnetic, acceleration and gyro sensors to enable new Windows 8 functionalities
• USB 3.0 ports: Includes two backward-compatible USB 3.0 ports that allow file transfer speeds up to 10x faster than USB 2.0 ports
“The way we use technology on the job is evolving—today’s mobile professional demands flexibility and durability in addition to power and full functionality,” said Kyp Walls, director of product management, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America. “We engineered the Toughbook C2 to go where our customers go and to do whatever they need it to do, without the concerns that are inherent with a less reliable notebook or tablet.”
Offering improved ruggedness over previous models of its type, the Toughbook C2 is designed to withstand a wide variety of work environments. Its magnesium alloy case and shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive allow it to handle up to a 30-inch drop to six sides, as well as a 12-inch drop from 26 angles. The computer also features a spill-resistant keyboard (up 6 ounces).
Specialized Features for Healthcare Users
The Toughbook C2 is built to be the ideal mobile point-of-care solution for nurses, doctors and other healthcare professionals. Its long battery life is designed for a full work shift without the need for recharging or docking, while its combination of bridge battery and optional lightweight battery offers professionals an even lighter alternative while still allowing for continuous uninterrupted use. The redesigned hand strap allows it to be carried comfortably for long periods of time. Its fanless design means no air is drawn in or out of the device, minimizing the spread of airborne pathogens.