Cable Locator: Renovation, Improvement, Maintenance
Safety products: AEMC’s Cable Locator Model 6681 detects buried (in ground or in walls) telecommunications cables, electric power and other cables, as well as metal pipes, during modification or maintenance work on installations of category III (or lower), at voltages of 300V (or less) with respect to ground.
Cable Locator Model 6681 from AEMC detects buried (in ground or in walls) telecommunications cables, electric power and other cables, as well as metal pipes, during modification or maintenance work on installations of category III (or lower), at voltages of 300V (or less) with respect to ground. The system can locate open circuits, shorts, track cables and locate fuses or circuit breakers.
The instrument is a portable system that includes a transmitter, a receiver, and accessories. The transmitter and receiver both have a large back-lit LCD and keys.
The transmitter applies a modulated AC to the circuit that is to be located, which creates a proportional alternating electric field. The transmitter is also an AC/DC voltmeter; measured voltage is displayed along with a warning symbol. In addition, the transmitter has a self-test function, indicating a good transmission between transmitter and receiver. Both the transmitter and receiver units include a flashlight feature that assist the operator when working in dark unlit areas.
The receiver features a sensitive sensor that generates a display proportional to the electric field detected. The variations of this signal enable the user to determine the location of underground cables and pipes, and detect any faults in them. The receiver also includes a buzzer that changes pitch as a function of the strength of the detected signal.
• Operates in both single and two-pole modes
• Locates and traces hidden cables
• Detects and locates line breaks
• Detects faults in floor radiant heating systems
• Detects constricted sections of non-metallic pipes
• Detects circuit breakers/fuses
• Detects short circuits
• Detects live circuits
• Backlight and flashlight functions
• Compliant with electrical safety standard EN 61010-1 and electromagnetic compatibility standard EN 61326-1
• Detect breaks in conductors in walls or under a floor
• Detect faults in a floor radiant heating system
• Find constricted sections in pipes made from non- conducting materials such as plastic
• Locate metallic water pipes and heating radiators
• Identify branch circuits on the same floor
• Perform underground circuit tracing
• Detect circuit breakers and fuses
• Find short circuits
• Sort and identify conductor pairs
• Measure line voltage AC or DC