ABB touts new distribution grid integration solutions at DistribuTECH
Transmission and distribution equipment supplier ABB will be promoting new grid integration technology applications and product enhancements at the DistribuTECH 2015 Conference and Exhibition
Transmission and distribution equipment supplier ABB will be promoting new grid integration technology applications and product enhancements at the DistribuTECH 2015 Conference and Exhibition.
These new offerings and enhancements include:
• ABB Wireless’s new Tropos 6420 broadband wireless mesh routers, providing the performance and reliability required to support video surveillance and other physical security applications in electric utility substations
• ABB enterprise software solutions from Ventyx, targeting utilities’ biggest challenges, including Asset Health, Outage Life Cycle Management, Service Suite, FocalPoint business intelligence software, Network Management (DMS and OMS as part of an OLM bundled solution)
• ABB’s newly-expanded Relion 605 product family of protection and control relays – the REF601, REJ601 and REM601 — for the ANSI market.
• Pole mounted distribution transformers, a single phase, pole mounted transformer for 3kVA or less, designed for small or isolated load applications
• High voltage Capacitor Banks for VoltVAr management
• GridSync wireless sensors
• GridShield three-phase reclosers, and other advanced Distribution Automation solutions.
Showcasing more than 180 years of combined global experience at the highest levels, ABB will make available 12 of its “Smart Squad” authorities to interact and answer tough questions for DistribuTECH attendees on a dozen hot topics — including distribution automation, Volt/VAR optimization, microgrids, wireless communications, outage management, DMS/OMS, and more. ABB’s Smart Squad members will be available in the Smart Bar in booth #1421.
“We are pleased to once again have a major presence at DistribuTECH, and we’re eager to show off our newest product enhancements and expertise around distribution grid management and high voltage transmission applications,” said Gary Rackliffe, ABB vice president for smart grids, North America. “No other TD solutions provider offers the shear breadth of integrated solutions, systems expertise, equipment, software and communications technology that ABB does.”
DistribuTECH 2015 runs from February 3-5 at the San Diego Convention Center, and ABB will be exhibiting in booth #1421 on the show floor.