An electric switch mounted in the cab provides 12 volts to an air solenoid mounted on the vehicle’s frame rail. Compressed air to the solenoid is supplied from either the vehicle’s onboard air system or a 12-volt compressor kit.
When the dashboard switch is activated, the solenoid opens. This allows compressed air to enter the air cylinder and lower the chainwheel so it contacts the inside of the tire. The friction between the tire and the rubber- covered chainwheel causes the chainwheel to rotate, creating enough centrifugal force to flail
the chains out. (The principle of the system is similar to a small generator driven by a bicycle tire to operate a headlight.)
Six lengths of chain spaced at 60-degree intervals on the chainwheel ensure that there are always 2 chains between the tire and road surface whether you are accelerating, braking, or are in a wheel lockup condition. The traction from the chainwheel is obtained in FORWARD OR REVERSE.
When the dashboard switch is turned off, the solenoid exhausts the air provided to the chain units and return springs in the air cylinders bring the chainwheels back to their resting position.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
• ￼￼￼PERMANENT INSTALLATION, VEHICLE
• IS ALWAYS PREPARED
• ONSPOT MODELS TO FIT MOST VEHICLES FROM PICK UP TRUCKS TO TRACTOR TRAILERS
• 12 VOLT AIR COMPRESSOR KIT AVAILABLE FOR VEHICLES WITHOUT AIR BRAKES
• SHIFT ON THE FLY UP TO 25 MPH OPERATING SPEED 2 MPH TO 35 MPH
• MORE HAULING FORCE FASTER ACCELERATION
• REDUCES STOPPING DISTANCE
• TRACTION IN FORWARD OR REVERSE
• INCREASES VEHICLE SAFETY AND PRODUCTIVITY
• ELIMINATES WHEEL WELL DAMAGE FROM BROKEN CONVENTIONAL CHAINS
• DESIGNED FOR ICE, PACKED SNOW AND UP TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW
• FEW PARTS WITH LITTLE MAINTENANCE REPLACEABLE CHAINPLATES
• DOT APPROVED IN ALL 50 STATES
• APPROVED FOR STATES WITH CHAIN CONTROL AREAS