Construction equipment: Tier 4-compliant DX180LC-5 excavator
Line construction: Doosan introduces Tier 4-compliant DX180LC-5 excavator with machine updates and improved fuel savings.
Construction equipment: The 129-net-horsepower Doosan DX180LC-5 crawler excavator has been added to the Tier 4-compliant lineup, featuring improved performance, operator comfort, fuel economy and jobsite durability. The Tier 4-compliant model replaces the interim Tier 4 (iT4) DX180LC-3 crawler excavator.
Smart Power Control (SPC)
A new selectable feature, Smart Power Control (SPC), consists of two systems ‹ Variable Speed Control and Pump Torque Control that work together to improve machine efficiency while maintaining productivity and reducing fuel consumption. The engine control unit (ECU) automatically manages SPC when SPC is engaged. Each of the four power modes will function with SPC engaged or disengaged; however, SPC can be active only in the Digging work mode.
• Variable Speed Control: Reduces engine rpm during low workload requirements such as during the swing portion of a dig cycle. This reduces the total energy required to perform a task and improves fuel efficiency by up to 3 to 7 percent.
• Pump Torque Control: Efficiently matches hydraulic pump torque and engine response to the task, preventing engine overload and excess fuel consumption, improving efficiency.
An improved 7-inch liquid-crystal display (LCD) screen allows operators to continue monitoring the excavator parameters while viewing the rearview or side-view camera image. Critical machine data appears next to the camera view. With an optional side camera, a split screen allows both camera displays to be viewed at once. New additions to the monitor include the diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) gauge and improved fuel efficiency.
Doosan added an auto-shutdown system to its excavators to help owners save fuel during non-working conditions. Operators can configure the idle time from 3 to 60 minutes. When enabled, the feature will shut down the excavator¹s engine when the preset idle time is met. This is particularly helpful in California where state regulations require idling for only 5 minutes for off-highway machines.
New machine updates
In addition to SPC, auto shutdown and LCD screen updates, the new Doosan DX180LC-5 crawler excavator has the following updates:
• Improved anti-skid plates: for easier engine access for machine maintenance
• Emergency engine stop: relocated for easier operator access
• Improved serviceability: allows for easier access to components and less time for maintenance
• Upgraded alternator: delivers improved power for electrical components
• New front window design: provides good visibility to the work area
Factory-installed options for the new Doosan crawler excavators include the following:
• Straight travel pedal, which allows the operator to travel in a straight line more easily
• Two-way auxiliary hydraulic pedal (in addition to joystick control)
• Diesel-powered coolant heater for cold starts
• Cab guarding for special applications
• Additional work lamps
• Rotate circuit hydraulic piping
• Intelligent floating boom
Tier 4 solution
The Doosan DX180LC-5 complies with Tier 4 emission standards with modified diesel engines and aftertreatment technologies. The engine is optimized for use with a high-pressure common-rail (HPCR) fuel delivery system and a cooled exhaust gas recirculation (CEGR) system. It utilizes a diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) to reduce particulate matter (PM) and selective catalyst reduction (SCR) aftertreatment to reduce nitrogen oxides (NOx). Additionally, a variety of aftertreatment systems have been implemented as part of Tier 4 compliance, such as DEF, which is used with SCR technology.
Doosan excavators come with a standard three-year subscription to Doosan Telematics, which allows equipment owners and fleet managers to remotely monitor machine location, hours, fuel usage, engine idle versus work time and error codes, as well as engine and hydraulic temperatures. Machines can be monitored via an online Doosan Telematics account. In addition, Doosan dealers can provide improved customer support using the system by responding to machine warning messages and alerts, troubleshooting machine issues, and then sending a field service vehicle to help with repairs and deliver the proper parts.
ABOUT DOOSAN INFRACORE CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT AMERICA
Doosan Infracore Construction Equipment America, headquartered in West Fargo, North Dakota, markets the Doosan brand of products that includes large excavators, wheel loaders and articulated dump trucks. With more than 160 heavy equipment dealer locations in North America, Doosan is known for an unmatched dedication to service and customer uptime, and durable, reliable products. Doosan is fast becoming a global force in heavy construction equipment. Doosan Infracore Construction Equipment America is a subsidiary of Doosan Infracore Bobcat Holdings Co., Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Doosan Infracore Co., Ltd.