Power generators to reveal earnings after polar vortex
Harsh winter could boost earnings for some companies
Over the next few weeks, power companies will roll out their first set of quarterly earnings reports following the completion of the harsh winter punctuated by the so-called ‘polar vortex' in January.
Certain companies could have their profits boosted by the severe winter weather in much of the country, analysts say.
The earnings conference calls with financial analysts are typically webcast on the investor relations page of company websites. Here are several companies that will soon be reporting earnings (all call times are Eastern unless indicated otherwise):
· Chicago Bridge & Iron (NYSE:CBI), an international vendor involved in building power plants and other key infrastructure, holds its conference call at 5 p.m.
· CMS Energy (NYSE:CMS) will hold its earnings call with analysts at 9 .a.m.
· Entergy (NYSE:ETR) will discuss results at 11 a.m. Entergy has already said it expects higher earnings for its merchant fleet.
· SCANA (NYSE:SCG) plans its call for 3 p.m. The company's V.C. Summer 1 nuclear unit in South Carolina is currently offline for refueling.
· American Electric Power (NYSE:AEP) has scheduled a quarterly earnings conference call with financial analysts for9 a.m.
· DTE Energy (NYSE:DTE) will hold its earnings call at 9 a.m.
· Portland General Electric (NYSE:POR) will hold its earnings conference call at 11 a.m.
· TransAlta (TSX:TA) holds its earnings call at 1 p.m.
· Edison International (NYSE:EIX) will hold its earnings call at 5 p.m.
· TECO Energy (NYSE:TE) will host a webcast and conference call with the financial community at 5 p.m.
· NextEra Energy (NYSE:NEE) will hold its earnings conference call at 9 a.m.
· Dominion (NYSE:D) will hold its call at 10 a.m.
· Southern Co. (NYSE:SO) will hold its earnings call at 1 p.m. The company will likely update the progress on Vogtle nuclear units 3 and 4.
· Public Service Enterprise Group (NYSE:PEG) conference call is set for 10 a.m.
· Calpine Corp. (NYSE:CPN) will hold its conference call at 10 a.m.
· Exelon Corp. (NYSE:EXC) will hold its earnings call at 11 a.m.
· PG&E Corp. (NYSE:PCG) has scheduled its analyst call at 11 a.m.
· Alliant Energy (NYSE:LNT) will hold its earnings call at 9 a.m.
· Pinnacle West Capital (NYSE:PNW) will hold its conference call at 12 noon ET.
· Sempra Energy (NYSE:SRE) will hold its call at 1 p.m.
· NRG Energy (NYSE:NRG) plans to hold its conference call at 8 a.m.
· FirstEnergy (NYSE:NRG) plans its conference call at 1 p.m.
· Duke Energy (NYSE:DUK) call scheduled for 10 a.m.