Construction equipment: Conductor stringing equipment
Line construction: TSE International’s Model UP-85BD Underground cable puller provides infinite speed control and precise tension and distance monitoring.
Construction equipment: TSE International’s Model UP-85BD underground cable puller provides infinite speed control and precise tension and distance monitoring. The 8" bullwheels are powered by a hydrostatic drive with a variable displacement axial piston pump and a two speed hydraulic motor. The cable payout is on demand with the bullwheel drive system feeding the pulling rope when any load in excess of 1 lb. is placed on the cable.
In the low linepull range the unit has a continuous linepull of 8,500 lbs and a maximum speed of 75 fpm. In the high speed range the unit has a maximum continuous linepull of 4,250 lbs. and a maximum speed of 150 fpm. In either speed range the linespeed is infinitely variable from 0 to maximum. The speed control provides excellent inching capability throughout all line pull settings.
The storage reel will hold 2,300 ft. of 7/16 in. diameter steel pulling rope. A diamond lead screw automatic levelwind provides for even winding of the pulling rope onto the storage reel. The levelwind is driven from the storage reel and automatically traverses as the reel turns.
A dynamometer gauge is included calibrated in lbs. of linepull with an adjustable overload cut-off that will automatically stop the pull if the preset maximum line pull is reached. The unit is equipped with an emergency stop button and a 20 ft. long pendant cord. In the event the button is depressed all pulling will stop.
An 8 in. swivelling rear fairlead sheave is provided to guide the pulling rope into the machine. The sheave pivots through 360 degrees and has a locking screw to set it at any angle.
At TSE, engineering is a process of continuous product improvement; therefore, specifications are subject to change without notice.
• 8,500 lb. maximum linepull.
• 0-150 fpm maximum linespeed range.
• 8" bullwheels with 5 grooves.
• Reel capacity of 2,300 ft. of 7/16" wire rope.
• Rope payout on demand.
• Automatic leadscrew levelwind.
• Swivelling rear fairlead.
• Remote emergency stop button.
• Overload cut-off.
• Pivoting rear jib with multi-positional roller.
• Tool box.
• 49 hp diesel engine and 185 cfm air compressor combination.
• 2,300 ft. of 7/16" galvanized steel pulling rope.
• Spring driven reel for air hose storage and automatic retrieval, includes 50' of hose.
• Three head roller assembly for a larger bending radius.
• Air adapter kit consisting of 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 inch blowing adapters, rope adapters and projectiles.
• Hold down roller assembly with 4", 5" & 6" conduit adapters to prevent pulling the duct out of the ground.
• Chart recorder kit.