Mobile computer: Semi-rugged laptop is lightweight, thin
Utility equipment: Panasonic updates Toughbook 54 semi-rugged laptop. The lightweight and thin semi-rugged laptop is now faster and comes with Windows 10 Pro (with an option to downgrade to Windows 7 Professional).
Mobile computer: Panasonic has announced upgrades to the Panasonic Toughbook® 54 mobile computer, enhancing its capabilities with a with a faster Intel® Core i5-6300U vProTM processor. Available in four models to fit a wide variety of customer needs, the Toughbook 54 is a flexible, purpose-built mobile computing solution for workers who need a semi-rugged device in such environments as utilities, public safety, government, field service, insurance and automotive.
With expanded storage capabilities and an upgraded Windows 10 Pro or Windows 7 Professional (available through downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro), the Toughbook 54 delivers enhanced performance to meet the demands customers face in the field and on the road. The four model options are Lite, Prime, Gloved Multi Touch and Performance with each version coming standard with signature features such as resistance to spills and drops, the durability of a magnesium alloy case and the easy portability of a built-in handle. The Toughbook 54 is also available with dual storage drives for expanded storage capacity or supports RAID mirroring for user applications requiring exceptionally high-performance.
“As mobility becomes an increasingly important part of today’s workforce our customers are looking for the power of a desktop solution that can be used in a variety of vertical segments with mobile employees,” said Brian Rowley, Vice President of Marketing and Product Management, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America. “The Toughbook 54 has been a top choice for workers who may not need a fully rugged solution but don’t want to sacrifice durability and reliability. These latest updates give customers an even more powerful tool to enhance productivity and efficiency on the job.”
Panasonic Toughbook 54: Key Updates:
• Faster Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-6300U vPro™ Processor (2.4GHz up to 3.0 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology). An Intel® CoreTM i7 Processor option is also available
• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro with an option to downgrade to Windows 7 Professional
• Enhanced WiFi Connectivity: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, dual pass-through antenna for WWAN/GPS, Bluetooth 4.1 (Class 1)
• Powerful Graphics Processor: Intel® HD Graphics 520; AMD FirePro™ M5100 graphics (Performance model) offers more than double the graphics performance when comparing SPECviewperf 12 benchmarks.
• Additional Options: Stylus pen holder