Fleet fuel management: OptiGauge long haul vehicle optimization device
Fleet management: Transportation Value Engineering, an independent research and development company specializing in heavy vehicle telematics, has introduced a unique approach to fuel economy oriented driver assistance.
Ann Arbor, MI – Fleet management: Transportation Value Engineering LLC, an independent research and development company specializing in heavy vehicle telematics, has introduced a unique approach to fuel economy oriented driver assistance.
The dashboard mounted and self-contained OptiGauge calculates “Sweet Spot” speed that generates highest efficiency in real time. The solid state device constantly monitors OTR real-time conditions to minimize per mile costs.
This exclusive, patent pending, software breakthrough adjusts ideal speed info constantly, correcting for changing vehicle and environmental conditions by utilizing continuously updated learning algorithm. It has dual data inputs:
• INPUT 1: Real time vehicle operating parameters through the existing data bus;
• INPUT 2: Individual fleet unit operating parameters customized by fleet loaded via WiFi, mobile device/laptop interface or manually, using faceplate buttons.
The entire computer is packaged within a standard 2 in. dash-mounted gauge and is compatible with virtually every vehicle using OBDII, J1708 or the J1939 data bus. Installation requires only mounting and four or six wire connections (power, ground and data bus). Initialization and data transfer is through front mounted mini-USB connector or built in WiFi.
OptiGauge utilizes an individual fleet’s specific cost sensitivities, including: distance-related expenses like vehicle wear (tires, fuel cost, maintenance history), as well as time-related expenses, such as depreciation, insurance and labor. It then continually computes the optimum speed to drive that specific vehicle for maximum profit.
Vehicle performance parameters are downloadable for back-end analysis. These numbers represent a fleet-specific database invaluable in:
• Evaluation of component performance (even aerodynamics, rolling resistance, drivetrain efficiency) and comparative analysis for future spec decisions;
• Vehicle to Vehicle efficiency comparison for purchasing decisions;
• Evaluation driver profitability performance.
OptiGauge simply provides the most real time and analytical value of the new suites of new technologies, offering the lowest installed cost of currently available technologies.