Vehicle navigation device
TomTom offers new PRO 7150 navigation device for improved route guidance and faster calculation.
Indianapolis, Ind., March 8, 2011—The Work Truck Show—TomTom unveiled a new navigation device for the North American market designed for businesses to deliver clear bottom-line benefits. The PRO 7150 from TomTom Business Solutions, the business unit of TomTom dedicated to commercial vehicle fleets, offers improved route guidance and faster route calculation to help drivers save time spent on the road.
"In business, time is money, so with a fleet of vehicles on the road eight or more hours a day, every minute saved on a journey delivers real savings,” said Michael Geffroy, vice president of sales, North America for TomTom Business Solutions. “The TomTom PRO 7150 enables fleet operators to navigate with greater ease to their destinations via the fastest routes, which ultimately allows them to spend more time with their customers and less time on the road."
The PRO 7150 features lifetime traffic updates to help drivers avoid traffic delays and TomTom IQ Routes, which evaluates routes based on actual traffic speeds rather than posted speed limits to recommend the fastest route for the time of day and provide more accurate arrival times. The device also features premium maps of the U.S., Canada and Mexico with lifetime updates. In addition, with Eco Routes, fleet drivers are guided via more fuel-efficient routes—saving the fleet money as well as reducing the impact on the environment. Furthermore, the new device is equipped with:
- A 5-inch, capacitive touch screen and a brighter display;
- More-intuitive software so fleet drivers can route to any destination within a few taps;
- Easy map viewing so fleet drivers can navigate through menu screens with just a swipe of the finger; and
- A new click and lock mount to secure the device.
As part of the TomTom WORKsmart solution, the PRO 7150 offers connectivity to allow for easy fleet management and access to LIVE Services. TomTom LIVE Services give the professional driver access to LIVE Traffic information, as well as Speed Cameras, Local Search and TomTom Weather. Additionally, WORKsmart functionality includes vehicle tracking, job dispatch, time management, eco driving and management reporting and is available via a TomTom WEBFLEET subscription.
Features overview of the PRO 7150:
- Instant and continuous routing,
- Expanded driving view on 5-inch touch screen,
- Crisp, sharp graphics and intuitive user menus,
- Pinch-to-zoom and swipe from screen-to-screen using gestures,
- Bluetooth® hands free calling* to maximize safety,
- Voice recognition to operate the device with verbal commands,
- A click & lock mount to keep the device securely mounted while driving,
- Lifetime Traffic and Map Updates,
- Announces Street Names, and
- Advanced Lane Guidance.