EXCLUSIVE JERR-DAN AND AERO INDUSTRIES ROLLING TARP IS FASTER AND SAFER
Collaboration with leading tarp system manufacturer key to meeting expectations
Jerr-Dan Corporation, an Oshkosh Corporation [NYSE: OSK] company and a leading manufacturer of towing and recovery equipment, and Aero Industries, a national leader in tarping systems, today introduced an all-new, easy to operate rolling tarp model. Jointly developed -- and available only to the carrier bed market through Jerr-Dan -- this new model features the best features and benefits in the sliding tarp industry, and at a very competitive price point.
"When we set out to offer a new rolling tarp system, our engineers collaborated with the industry technology and innovation leader, Aero Industries, to set several performance targets for this new model," said Mike Walter, Jerr-Dan Corporation president. "The finished product met all of our expectations -- and at a tremendous price point. For any towing professional in need of a rolling tarp system, this new line deserves serious, closer inspection."
Based on Aero Industries® Conestoga 2™* rolling tarp system – named for the covered wagons of early pioneers -- the system features an innovative design that easily covers and uncovers a carrier deck in seconds. Instead of having to climb over the carrier deck and tie down a tarp, the driver can walk alongside and cover a vehicle in seconds.
The Jerr-Dan/Aero Industries system saves time, boosts productivity, and enhances profitability. Other key features include:
• A patented wheel and track system -- featuring a lifetime wheel warranty -- where steel wheels and a stainless steel track insert work to smooth out the process of opening and closing. The solid wheel bearings are maintenance free.
• A rear-locking system that increases the tarp's tension while securing the load from ground level, for safe and smooth operation. Unlike other designs, all lock components travel with the rear bow assembly and there are no cumbersome loading obstructions and no hardware to remove or store.
• A patented system of spring shocks on the uplift bows reduce vibration from road conditions, keeping the tarp tight and reducing wear on the uplift bows. The uplift bows are low maintenance, free from no fasteners, pins or bushings to service or replace.
• A 30-inch rear bow assembly adds stability to the system, slides easily, and will not flex while opening and closing the system. The front of the system is fastened to a U.S. DOT rated bulkhead.
• A strong, coated vinyl tarp, available in several colors, works without cables to provide a tight, seamless cover.
"Our new rolling tarp system is beautiful in its simplicity, durability and ease of use - that's the bottom line for our customers," added Walter. "This collaboration with Aero Industries hits a home run."