STA-DRY S7 swivel electrical nosebox
Phillips begins production of STA-DRY S7 swivel electrical nosebox at California site.
Santa Fe Springs, Calif.—Phillips Industries began production of its new STA-DRY S7 swivel electrical nosebox at their Santa Fe Springs, Calif. site the week of September 10, 2012.
The STA-DRY S7 was developed by Phillips Industries to specifically reduce costs for fleets whose truck/trailer combinations are routinely required to maneuver in a tight space. The severe angle created in these instances can cause damage to air and electrical cables, the nosebox, connectors and gladhands. The STA-DRY S7 allows the electrical cable to simply follow the movement of the truck accommodating a turn up to 80 degrees (40 degrees left or 40 degrees right). It will automatically disconnect if the turn exceeds that angle. A minor modification to equipment to replace a standard nosebox with the waterproof STA-DRY S7 can significantly reduce downtime and save costs associated with repair and replacement of damaged parts.
Bob Phillips, President and CEO commented “We do expect the STA-DRY S7 to really catch on because it is such a simple solution to a complex and widely experienced problem. We've wanted to build this for years and we think this product can be a real game-changer because it simply saves fleets money with only a minor modification to their equipment. It pays for itself over and over again.”
The swivel STA-DRY S7 socket has been tested to over one million rotating cycles, well beyond any imaginable working condition, and performed without constraints. It carries a 3-year warranty. Other features of the STA-DRY S7 include:
• When combined with swivel gladhands, like the Phillips Swinger Gladhand, the entire air and electrical lines are safe.
• The shroud protects the swivel from icing in extreme cold weather.
• The patented QCS2 is waterproof, stopping corrosion from entering the electrical system.
• 70 percent of people are right handed, and the STA-DRY S7 allows driver to plug cable in and take out using right hand versus feeling ergonomically awkward while using left hand.
• Extended cable automatically disconnects when pulled to the extreme, preventing damage and permanent loss of connectivity.
• Multiple wire and cable entry from bottom.
For more information about Phillips Industries or other electrical noseboxes, click here to go to Utility Products' Buyers Guide.